Sunday, April 12, 2009

Heirloom flowers, I want to identify a blooming plant.?

Last year I purchased a plant at a church plant sale, and the grower did not know the name of this plant. I have seen these plants in old neighborhoods in rural central Missouri. I believe it is a bi-annual, and the bloom is on a 24-30 inch spike. The leaves are alternate up the spike. flowers are in a cluster and have four pedals. Thank you

Heirloom flowers, I want to identify a blooming plant.?
Take a sample or a picture of it into your nearest plant nursery and have them identify it. They should have many different books on plants to help.


Good luck!
Reply:The Missouri Botanical Garden identified the plant from a photograph. It is %26quot;Dames Rocket%26quot;, a garden plant brought from Europe in the 17th Century. They identified it as being in the cabbage family but it is probably in the Mustard Family.. Thanks. Report It




skin care product

No comments:

Post a Comment